Author Topic: Sylvan lake bass  (Read 839 times)

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
Sylvan lake bass
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
Went out this morning got some sawbellies looking for trout.3 runs with none landed.Did manage to hook this guy though.Nice day to be on the water....

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Wishin I was fishin"
No man ever fishes the same river twice! For it is not the same river and he is not the same man...

Offline swamplover11

Re: Sylvan lake bass
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »
kudos!! something is better then nothing ....
 been thinking about hitting that lake , but seems no place to park or fish from unless you have a boat . is there at least a public boat launch there? seems to not be any info on it online. kind of messed up since the state stocks it with our money and we can't get to it ... always have the reservoirs i guess...  best of luck
Screw you guys,I'm goin home! (Cartmen)

Offline ColtsFan

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »
Used to go swimming at that lake with my family when I was real little. Definetly going to fish it a bunch later this spring and summer now that I have a little boat. Nice bass!

@swamplover- Theres some info on the DEC website-

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/60854.html

Sounds like there might be shore access. And there is a public launch.

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »
There is a boat launch.A guy was coming in at the same time as us.He landed 4 fish all between 18"and 24" rainbows.I don't know what we were doing wrong,We fished the same depth as he did.Nice lake.The guy at 55 tackle said it gets pretty busy and very little parking spaces.Get there early...Good luck.
"Wishin I was fishin"
No man ever fishes the same river twice! For it is not the same river and he is not the same man...

Offline ColtsFan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Is there a bait shop close to the lake that sells sawbellies?

Thanks,
Brian

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
@ coltsfan.If your coming from poughkeepsie on 55 headed towards poughquage.Beekman road is on your right.Keep on 55 towards pawling may be 5-7 miles on your right just before the road to whaley lake there's a shop.I think its called split shot bait and tackle.Nice guy.They have sawbellies and anything else you may need. hope this helps you out.
"Wishin I was fishin"

Offline ColtsFan

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
@ coltsfan.If your coming from poughkeepsie on 55 headed towards poughquage.Beekman road is on your right.Keep on 55 towards pawling may be 5-7 miles on your right just before the road to whaley lake there's a shop.I think its called split shot bait and tackle.Nice guy.They have sawbellies and anything else you may need. hope this helps you out.

Awsome, thanks!

Offline Kb2112

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:31:53 AM »
Its called the Shot Shop.  He is open in the afternoons, and from 6-7 on the mornings on the weekends.  Give a call first for more accurate details.

Ive done pretty good with some wacky rigged worms on sylvan. 

Online cbyzerman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Trust me your sawbellies will be dead before you get to the lake.  They keep them in a tiny rectangle aqaurium. Bass dont mind but you know how trout are....... 

Offline corn field killa

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
I picked up my sawbellies from there and they made it to the lake.Actually the left overs were still alive too...
"Wishin I was fishin"

* Your support appreciated

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal