Author Topic: Rage Broadheads Illegal In NY?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Tomtsled

Rage Broadheads Illegal In NY?
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:04:44 AM »
At our gun club meeting on Friday a member mentioned that the new Rage broadheads are illegal in NY because their blades don't retract after deploying?  I don't use them but I thought I'd put it out there.

An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

Offline Razorsedge

Re: Rage Broadheads Illegal In NY?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
The 2 blade models are fine but the 3 blade models don't piviot foward after they deploy and are the ones that are illegal in NY.

Offline UCBowhunter

• Redneck Cupid
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
I could be wrong but the 3 blade can be used on small game.Barbed broadheads can not be used on big game.
I quit smoking bring on hunting season I need to kill chit

ah110

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
The 2 blade models are fine but the 3 blade models don't piviot foward after they deploy and are the ones that are illegal in NY.

+1, guys still use them and every other "barbed" head though

Online b-g-k

• Posted
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »

+1, guys still use them and every other "barbed" head though

This is true.. some guys don't know they're illegal.  They see them at dicks or gander and think they're good to go.  there are other guys that know they're illegal but try to rationalize that theyre sold locally so theyl hunt with them and use the excuse if they get caught.  However, the 2 blade rages DO pivot and are legal in NY.  3 blade rages, all varieties of Tekans, Nap blood runners and a few others are barbed and are ILLEGAL in NYS.

Offline TrailsEndTom

• HVS Supporter
  • 50 cal. law
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »
The 2 blade Rage is legal in NY. The 3 blade Rage is not legal for big game in NY but is legal for small game. Go figure?????????  ??? ???
It was the time of the preacher in the year of '01 when you think it's all over it's only begun.

Offline HVWoods1

• HVS Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
I had no idea the 3 blade Rages won't cam or pivot back when removed. That sucks for those that bought them not knowing this. As for the 2 blades, I know they fold back. I've put 2 blade Rages through 4 deer in the last few years, they are one of the most devastating broadheads I've used. 3 deer dropped in sight. Luckily I have no desire to shoot 3 blades with these results using just 2 blades. This needs to be put out there by the DEC- it's an easy mistake to make since they are all sold in the same aisle.

Offline J W

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »
If you have the rage 3 broadheads and  you want the rage 2 broadheads to be legal. you can write the customer service on the website listed on the package explaining to them that the 3 blade is illegal in new york state and that you would like to have the 2 blade in exchange. They will send you the 2 blade and ask you to return the 3 blade to them. a friend of mine and myself both did this when we found out they were illegal. Two out of three of my broadheads were already used. I also had a pack of replacement blades which day also exchanged for the 2 blades. The customer service was great they answered my email and about 2 days and I believe I had my broadheads in just over a week. Hope this helps you guys out.

* Your support appreciated

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal