Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 476 times)

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
    • blog.hudsonvalleysportsman.com
Advice needed
« on: June 04, 2019, 05:57:01 AM »
Friend of mine lives up in the Adirondacks and his wife wants to buy him a ice auger and shanty, she asked me for some advise on what to buy but im not much of a ice fisherman these days so i figured i would ask the pros here.. Thanks.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline greensider

• Super Hero Member
Re: Advise needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:23:39 AM »
I have a polar fire great auger and decent price

Offline Steve_J

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:09 AM »
I've been using a strikemaster chipper lite for 4-5 years now and its one if the most inexpensive gas augers and works great and is pretty light. If she ebays theres usually really good deals on pop up shantys for around $100

Online seadog8

• HVS Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »
I bought an ION electric ice auger last year , it is excellent.
https://www.ioniceaugers.com/

Offline Camp Cook

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
 Milwaukee fuel drill and clam auger! If the person is a stationary type get the cabelas pop up shanty.  If he is run and gun, get the clam flip over.   Donít forget the buddy heater and some indoor outdoor carpet if the get the tent.   Let me know if you need any more info. Shop around, Fish307 has some good prices.

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
    • blog.hudsonvalleysportsman.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 06:40:07 AM »
Thank you guys.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline LouieM

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 07:52:40 AM »
Milwaukee fuel drill and clam auger! If the person is a stationary type get the cabelas pop up shanty.  If he is run and gun, get the clam flip over.   Donít forget the buddy heater and some indoor outdoor carpet if the get the tent.   Let me know if you need any more info. Shop around, Fish307 has some good prices.

I 2nd the milwaukee drill.  If the person has no auger already they can get the krill attachment.  Very light and easiest, most efficient option.  A little pricey but similar to gas auger. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal