Author Topic: NEED SOME HELP PUSHING NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Elmer

• Legislative Liason
NEED SOME HELP PUSHING NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
NEED HELP GETTING LETTERS OUT TO EXPRESS THIS IS REALLY A NEED... 

(I HIT TIMES HERALD RECORD BECAUSE THERE WAS AN ANTI RECIPROCITY / FASO ATTACK LETTER LAST FRIDAY AND I WANTED TO PUSH BACK ON THAT...  BUT WE NEED TO HIT ALL THESE PAPERS AND WE NEED DIFFERENT AUTHORS TO DO IT.)

Please let's follow through on this...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
I sent to:

TIMES HERALD RECORD
http://services.hudsonvalley.com/reader-services/submissions/letter-to-editor/

MY LETTER:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DEAR EDITOR:

National Concealed Carry is really needed and needed badly.  Many people who don't choose to carry a firearm to protect themselves don't realize how difficult it is to carry concealed while visiting family friends, vacationing etc..., and don't realize that as a result of this difficulty, many people end up carrying illegally and hoping they donít get caught.  Our drivers licenses cover us anywhere we can legally travel as a US citizen, and driving is not a constitutionally protected right.  Why shouldn't our ability to carry a firearm for self defense travel with us wherever we are in our country?

This legislation is only going to make it easier for the "good guys" that carry to co-exist, and to be able to do it without having to break a law.  It doesn't give criminals any advantages, it doesn't impose any burden on non-gun owners, and it still leaves it to state and local school districts to set their own gun-free school zone laws all without nullifying any state laws with regard to schools.

I hear the word common sense gun law all the time by those who want to take them away.  Finally, this is one time that common sense is actually being proposed. 

I am a member of the NRA.  Like the overwhelming majority of the NRA members, I do support common sense regulation that benefits the citizenry, (even though we are often painted otherwise.) 

I am proud that Congressman Faso and Congresswoman Tenney, are among the 188 Congressional co-sponsors across the nation who have also agreed that it is time to carve out this common sense protection for the citizens in our district and nationwide.   

-Elmer LeSuer
Kingston, NY
elmer.lesuer@gmail.com

(I MENTIONED FASO AND TENNEY BECAUSE THAT PAPER'S CIRCULATION OVERLAPS BOTH OF THOSE CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICTS...  FOR THESE OTHERS ITS FINE TO JUST MENTION FASO)

+++++++++++++++++++

OTHER PUBLICATIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:

Poughkeepsie Journal
250 words or less
Name, daytime phone, city, town or village of residence, and zip code
letterstoeditor@poughkeepsiejournal.com

Columbia Paper
No word limit
Name, daytime phone, city, town or village of residence, and zip code
letters@columbiapaper.com

Register-Star (Columbia-Greene Media)
500 words or less
submission form: https://www.registerstar.com/site/forms/online_services/letter/

Albany Times-Union
250 words or less
Full name, address, and daytime phone number
tuletters@timesunion.com

Daily Freeman
250 words or less
Name, hometown and daytime phone number
letters@freemanonline.com

+++++++++++++++++++

CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY SPEAKING POINTS:

H.R. 38 was introduced by Representative Richard Hudson (NC-8) on January 3, 2017.  This bill deals with concealed carry handgun policy and intends to clarify confusing and redundant firearm regulations.

Specifically, H.R. 38 amends the federal code to allow individuals to carry a concealed firearm in other states that allow concealed handguns, provided that they have already been approved to carry a concealed handgun in another state.

Additionally, H.R. 38 allows state and local school districts to set their own gun-free school zone laws.  It is important to note that this legislation does not nullify any state laws with regard to schools, and it will still be illegal to conceal-carry near schools in states like New York that ban all firearms in school zones.

This is a common sense bill that avoids the unconstitutional restrictions of New York State's SAFE Act.

H.R. 38
∑         Congressman Faso is a cosponsor of H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
∑         This legislation would ensure that valid concealed carry permits issued in one state are valid for carrying concealed handguns in other states that recognize their own residentís right to concealed carry.

∑         Further, the bill allows those from constitutional carry states the ability to carry in other states that recognize their own residentís right to concealed carry.

∑         A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

Offline bandhunter31

• Liberty or Death
  • "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"
Re: NEED SOME HELP PUSHING NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:02:01 AM »
im not sure how national concealed carry is going to work.......NY is going to be the issue when this starts getting debated.......NY is the only state that you must obtain a pistol permit PRIOR to purchase.....and your permit is gun specific......meaning you can only carry the guns on your permit........to make this easier to understand handgun ownership needs to be broken down into 2 parts.......(OWNERSHIP/POSSESSION) and (CARRY IN PUBLIC)........ in the other 49 states these 2 parts are separate.......meaning you can OWN a handgun with no permit but the laws vary in regards to CARRY, some have constitutional carry, some make you open carry and some are a permit system.......in NY ownership and carry are combined......so you need a CCW to even OWN a pistol.........I have a Florida permit for example........when I travel to Florida to visit family, I theoretically could leave all my NY permitted handguns at home......when I arrive in Florida I could just carry one of my brother in laws many handguns and be perfectly legal........the issue is that residents of other states can not do the same in NY because handguns are specific to the person and they must be registered with your licensing authority........I know this may be getting in the weeds a bit but basically NY would have to change its pistol permit laws almost completely if national concealed carry was passed and NY anti gun politicians would fight that to the bitter end........no other state would have to change there pistol laws.......
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. In a gunfight you need to take your time in a hurry. - Wyatt Earp

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal