Author Topic: Permit, Pistol re-certification  (Read 3405 times)

Offline gunner

• HVS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Permit, Pistol re-certification
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »
Well just to mailbox and my letter was there. Probably mail it certified make it more of a pain in ass for them . Again this is wasting our tax dollars and just plain STUPID!

Offline gdk45

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
If you go online and enter the data, that makes it real easy to build the database. On the other hand, if you mail it in, and your handwriting is a litttle hard to read - it's much more time consuming and costly.

Just saying ....

I will be mailing mine, certified.

Bandhunter, you are right about the databases, they can merge them anytime they want, reregistration is unnecessary.

I agree, I will do mine by mail and make it a little bit more difficult for them.

Offline brownclown

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 10:07:43 AM »
Well just to mailbox and my letter was there. Probably mail it certified make it more of a pain in ass for them . Again this is wasting our tax dollars and just plain STUPID!

who is mailing these letters? are they coming from the state police or from or counties telling us to register with the State Police? If they are coming from the county which county are you in? If they they are coming from the State police isnt this indicative of them already having your information and proving this is B.S.

Offline Big Tom

• Super Hero Member
  • Big Tom
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
If you go online and enter the data, that makes it real easy to build the database. On the other hand, if you mail it in, and your handwriting is a litttle hard to read - it's much more time consuming and costly.

Just saying ....

I will be mailing mine, certified.

Bandhunter, you are right about the databases, they can merge them anytime they want, reregistration is unnecessary.

I am waiting till the day before the last day and mailing mine certified.  I hope most folks do this.  Wait till the last moment.  Will have the SP manually typing all this data for a year.

Offline gunner

• HVS STAFF
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »

who is mailing these letters? are they coming from the state police or from or counties telling us to register with the State Police? If they are coming from the county which county are you in? If they they are coming from the State police isnt this indicative of them already having your information and proving this is B.S.
New York State police is who mailed mine .

Offline ChillR

• South Side Rod & Gun Club
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
This state sucks! +1

Offline walkabout

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Taxidermist. Crazy Antler Outdoors, LLC
    • blog.hudsonvalleysportsman.com
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 03:47:09 PM »
got mine .:rifle:. .:rifle:.
My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!....They didn't make us free, we were born free and as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free..

Offline Big Tom

• Super Hero Member
  • Big Tom
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »
Wife and I got ours as well. 

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
So my permit recert has been in for over 8 weeks and still no recert on file looks like they are dragging there buts or playing games

Offline dale328

• dale328
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »
mine has been in for weeks whenever i check the status it in process but if i didnt do it by the end of the year i bet they would revoke my permit the next day

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »
I am calling tomorrow and ask how long it should take its been to long already

Online greensider

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »
I called state police pistol permit department and they said it could be a year or more to get to mine but they received it

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal