Author Topic: NYSRPA Pres. Tom King to skip Albany pro-gun rally:  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Blackhawk

NYSRPA Pres. Tom King to skip Albany pro-gun rally:
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

Rifle & Pistol Association President Thomas King to skip Albany pro-gun rally:
'don't want to be a party to anything that may happen'

quote from "GRANNY' - Mr. King showed up and was willing to speak with the rest of us in Horseheads, NY recently. Why you ask?? Because he was also picking up a check! Message sent " Unless there's money in it Tom King doesn't want to be involved!"

[also note: they're still calling them rallies - blackhawk]

ALBANY - The head of New York's largest firearms organization is skipping a planned Tuesday Capitol protest of the state's tougher gun control laws enacted last year, saying he fears the rhetoric at such gatherings is becoming more "contentious and threatening."

Thomas King, a national NRA board member and president of the state Rifle & Pistol Association, argues that the angry and inflammatory rhetoric only hurts the cause of gun lovers.

"Let all these other groups go out and do what they want to do, because they don't want to listen anyway," he told the Daily News. "I just don't want to be a party to anything that may happen."

Tuesday's Albany rally is scheduled to feature Donald Trump, Republican gubernatorial wannabe Rob Astorino, and bombastic Buffalo businessman Carl Paladino, who lost to Gov. Cuomo four years ago.

more to this report and pics at -
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rifle-pistol-association-president-skip-pro-gun-rally-article-1.1739917
"Give a man/woman or child a fish or meat and feed them for a day. Teach them how to fish or hunt and feed them for a lifetime - and they'll never forget you."

Offline UCBowhunter

• Redneck Cupid
  • Super Hero Member
Re: NYSRPA Pres. Tom King to skip Albany pro-gun rally:
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:12:29 PM »
Just saw this on Facebutt ... Sad people are slamming him for it. He is right holding these " rallies" does no good. Law makers can care less.
I quit smoking bring on hunting season I need to kill chit

Offline Brownie

• Wildlife Encounters Taxidermy
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
I agree UC.
Wildlife Encounters Taxidermy
We are a Professional Full Time Taxidermy Studio www.nytaxidermist.com
845-338-1242

Offline gdk45

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
These rallies can get people energized to get off their behinds and VOTE.  We need to vote out the people who supported the SAFE Act.  As a Life Member of the NYSRPA I think it's time for new leadership.   Tom King has been in office too long and feels it's his job for life, he's not doing the cause any good by being divisive.  If he chooses not to attend the rallies that's ok, just don't need him to publicize negative comments about those that will attend. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal