Author Topic: Great Sacandaga Walleye Challenge 2014  (Read 1019 times)

Offline numinous

Great Sacandaga Walleye Challenge 2014
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
Anyone else planning on fishing it? Anyone wanna team up and fish together?

Offline BassHammer

Re: Great Sacandaga Walleye Challenge 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
I was actually told about the Sacandaga Tournement but I haven't found too much info on it. I know cranberry lake is having a walleye challenge in Feb that's supposed to be real fun too. But I am interested.
I'd rather set the hook, than read a boring book.

Offline numinous

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »
They only allow 1750 entries and you have to get an application from the Fulton County tourism department. They have hourly weigh ins with $70,000 in prizes and drawings. Big party after the tournament with more drawings.

Offline Steve_J

• Super Hero Member
  • get reel
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
i cant find any info on it besides what u just said

Offline Steve_J

• Super Hero Member
  • get reel

Offline ZeeRod

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:22 PM »
I have been doing this tournament for the last 5 years always a good time, great prizes well organized. I have already sent my entry form in already it fills up fast , they raised the limit this yr.to 1,750 entrants up from 1,500. also the great sacandaga lake fisheries federation tournament is going on the same day. I do have an extra registration form if you need one.
United we stand,Divided we fall.

Offline numinous

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »
Hey Zee, got my app in also. Do you have them mail your wristband or do you pick it up? I'm looking to partner up with someone so that one can stay and watch/fish while the other runs fish to the weigh in. Interested?

Offline ZeeRod

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
Other years I have had wristbands mailed to me, this yr. I am picking them up I have to make a few trips up their anyway. we usually have a group of about 20 guys fishing it. as for some one watching your tip ups you better check your dec reg. they will be their, also you will need an atv or a snowmoblie         
United we stand,Divided we fall.

Offline numinous

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »
I thought you could have someone take your fish to the weigh in while you continue fishing? I know you can't have someone man your tip-ups for you. Also, someone to watch your stuff while you go to the weigh in.

Offline bart

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
I thought you could have someone take your fish to the weigh in while you continue fishing? I know you can't have someone man your tip-ups for you. Also, someone to watch your stuff while you go to the weigh in.

6. You will be issued a wristband after registration that MUST be worn on the day of the contest. Anyone fishing without a wristband will be disqualified. If someone without a wristband is fishing in a group, the entire group will be disqualified. There can be as many people in your group as you want who are not participating in the contest as long as they are not fishing. Those not fishing may bring in a contestant's fish to the weigh-in stations for entry.
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young." -Theodore Roosevelt

* Your support appreciated

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal